Wednesday, February 22, 2006

Beyonka asked:

Do you like hard water or soft water?
Don't you hate that soft water makes your soap feel like it is never completely washed off?!?!?!

Hmmmm... Never really thought of this before.

If I had to choose... I would say soft. Because I like to take really long showers... I just stand in there forever. I have mentioned this before... remember...? I have to count backwards from 10 (twice)to psych myself up to get out of the shower. Anyway... if the water is really hard, like it is at our new place, then my skin gets all dried out and itchy. Where as soft water really helps to make your skin not so dry. But I can't say that soft water has never made it feel like soap is never completely washed off... except in hotels. I have noticed this in hotels... but I just figured it was the cheap soap they provided. It's too bad that there can't be some sort of happy medium.

Anyway... there's your answer.

6 Comments:

Blogger chirky said...

ug. i can't stand that feeling that soft water gives.

the first time i experienced it, i was in 6th grade in Colorado, and our hotel had "safeguard" brand soap, and it NEVER. WASHED. OFF.

i vowed then that i would never use that type of soap again. and a couple years later, or at some point in my life, i realized it wasn't the soap: it was the water.

ben, i take long showers too.

R E A L L Y L O N G.

and our water is hard, and it is perfect. except it's not the kind of hard that is caused by the shower head screwed the wrong direction that makes the water feel like 10-pound needles when it comes out.

the water just feels normal. and non-slippery.

1:08 PM

 
Blogger Greg said...

I take like 25 minute showers... maybe longer... and I agree... not slippery is good... BUT if you live in a cold environment... hard water can wreak havoc on your skin.

2:05 PM

 
Blogger Katie said...

i've lived with Jes, TWICE, and I will say that she does take long showers and uses up all the hot water, so a rule if you ever live with Jes is to beat her to the shower

and don't let her boil eggs while she is showering (not in the shower with her, that would be weird) but at the same point in time as her showering becuase then you get rats living with you and it is really just a big problem

2:14 PM

 
Blogger steve said...

Bianca likes lake water....

4:47 PM

 
Blogger Eddo said...

A Happy Medium? That is boring, I prefer a Happy Extra Extra Large - that fits me much better.

5:59 PM

 
Blogger Jenny said...

I like semi-long showers... and you're right: hard water dries you out!

9:08 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home