Wednesday, May 04, 2005

A Smorgasbord of posts...

So I don't have a specific topic I am going to blog about... but several... so here goes.

I was in St. Cloud yesterday for a Minnesota International Educators' meeting... Recently our university decided to go away from the state fleet cars and so now we have to use Enterprise rent a car... So on Monday afternoon, I go out to the Enterprise Rent a car place to pick up a vehicle and the first thing they did that I didn't like is that they gave me a Minivan. What? I want something cool... if I am going to be force to rent from you, then I want something with style... but not the case. So I drive to St. Cloud in my "Styling" Nissan Minivan... anyway, I get back to town and we now have to pay for the gas ourselves and then be reimbursed because we no longer have the state credit cards that used to come with the state vehicles... no big deal I guess... I can over look that. Well, I go to fill up the tank and it nozzle clicks off at $16.05 or something like that and I top it off at $16.25 and head out to the Enterprise Rent a car place. I get all the way out to Enterprise and I look at the gas gauge... and it is not full... it is a quarter of a tank from the top. Tick.me.off. So, I have to turn around and go to a different gas station to fill up the remainder of the tank. Needless to say that I am not liking the Enterprise option... it is such an inconvenience...

Anyway, speaking of the MIE meeting... I have been the Treasurer for this Organization for the last couple of years and so, we had the yearly elections and I was running against another person, and I lost. The last 2 years, nobody wanted to do it... so I am glad that I had some competition... People came up to me after the elections and said, "sorry you lost." I am thinking to myself, "that's weird... why would you console me about my loss..." My self worth is not derived from holding the treasurer's position in the MIE organization. I was happy to help when needed, but I am like George Washington, term limits are good... especially when it comes to the treasurer's position. It adds for an accountability factor to keep people in this position on the straight and narrow. (Needless to say, I voted for the other candidate.) ... I am glad I lost... I was elated... It was kind of like dancing naked while eating cheetos. (I am told the sign of a good post is using words like dancing naked and cheetos somewhere in the post...) Anyway, I did a great job and now I am free from the responsibility.

Speaking of George Washingtion... (See how I am transitioning from one thought to the other? Sign of a good blogger... take note people!) I was in the St. Cloud Mall yesterday and I went to a store called Books Revisited, a place where they sell used books... I purchased a book titled, Fishing With the Presidents: An Anecdotal History. Pretty interesting to see how many presidents were fisherman... George Washington was a commercial fisherman. Did you know that? He had a plantation; however, his farm was located on the shores of the Potomic and he had a fishery. Because of his attention to detail his barrels of herring were highly sought after. He did such a great job of preserving them with salt that he rarely had a spoiled herring in the whole barrel. Interesting stuff... I was a history major in undergrad... and I love to fish... so, for me, it is a great read.

Anyway, that's about it...

Oh... like Eddie, I saw an "Ex-girl friend" last night as well... Funny that Sydney invited her over for dinner... Let me tell you... her breasts were tender and boy did they taste good. (You'll have to read his post to get the meaning behind this one.)

(Dancing Naked with Cheetos, and talking about breasts... look out... I should get a relentless number of comments today.)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home