Tuesday, December 20, 2005

Tooth Crack-a-lackin!

I cracked a tooth this weekend... Cracking teeth is not a good thing. I think it is a sign of old age. I actually cracked it while I was sleeping on saturday night... I was dreaming that I was eating jawbreakers and I woke up with red, blue, green and yellow slobber all over my pillow and a cracked tooth.

Okay, that was a lie... I didn't dream about eating jawbreakers... but it did happen in my sleep.

I grind my teeth at night. A past dentist of mine said that I have the teeth of a 60 year old because they have been ground down so much. (And that was about 7 years ago... so now I guess I have the teeth of a 67 year old.) Anyway, I went to the dentist yesterday... and he fixed the "fracture in tooth number 18"; in otherwords, he fixed the gaping hole in my back left lower molar (tooth #18).

ANYWAY... I have a temporary cap on my tooth as they order the "permanent" crown. $400 later... tooth number 18 will be good as new...

So, Merry Christmas to me... I get to gum my food because chewing is painful to me... for whatever reason, I can only open my jaw 9/16th's of an inch. Yes, I measured how wide I could open my mouth because Sydney asked me last night if that was as wide as I could open my mouth... and I said, "yes." ... and then she called me a freak. To which my response (in my head of course) was... "a woman who has arms so long that her knuckles drag on the floor and a mouth that opens so wide that she can put her fist in her mouth... should be careful when she uses the word "freak." "

That's what I told her in the depths of my mind anyway...

11 Comments:

Blogger Eddo said...

OMW. You married a monkey!

Shake the "monkey" maker suddenly makes sense!

11:23 AM

 
Blogger Amstaff Mom said...

Ben McMinn, we are kindred spirits. I noticed just two nights ago that I cracked my mouth guard. That's the second one that I've cracked, and those things are THICK! Guess I need to shell out another $250 buckaroos. Rats! (and beans) This one didn't last all that long. I too have the teeth of a 60 year old. My top teeth are all the same level across. No more incisors for me. Sounds like you need a mouth guard my friend!

11:47 AM

 
Blogger Stephanie said...

"and I woke up with red, blue, green and yellow slobber all over my pillow and a cracked tooth." Oh my gosh I'm so gullible. hahahaha I read that and was like, "WHAT?!?! How did THAT happen?" And then I realized that you were lying and I'm SO very sad ignorant sometimes. hahahaha

Okay... does Syd KNOW you have this opinion of her? Does she READ your blog on a regular basis? Was your plan when writing this to sleep on the COUCH for the next six months? Benjamin! Sheesh! lol!

11:59 AM

 
Blogger Katie said...

First: Dude, uhhhhh old and gumming the food, gosh maybe I should send you a walker for Christmas

Second: Don't make fun of people with long arms, Sydney and I are kindred spirits on this one, my arms are forever long, but it sure does help when things are on high shelves, so do you have to call your wife to reach things for you when they are up high?

12:28 PM

 
Blogger Greg said...

Katie-

Are you kidding me? No I don't ask her to reach things for me when they are up high... I can barely stand to have the knuck dragging "freak" in the same room as me. I am surprised I married her... :)

Stephanie-

On that note... I sure HOPE she doesn't read my blog. lol.

12:34 PM

 
Blogger Katie said...

DUDE - as your psuedo little sister and by little I mean younger because I'm taller than you and my arms are the length of your body, I will KICK YOUR BUTT if you continue to talk about my psuedo sister-in-law with the wonderful long arms and refer to her as a FREAK. I also have freakishly long legs so I might be able to kick your butt from TEXAS so watch out.

12:37 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

DUDE you need a mouth guard or less stress...take your pick! Take up a hobby say like running and quit the nasty grinding. EWWWWWW. My daughter does that once in a while and it sends shivers up and down my spine!

4:00 PM

 
Blogger Jenny said...

Merry Christmas to you, indeed! You cannot enjoy the various baked goods and candies of Christmastime without teeth to chew them.

You're like the Abominable on the Rudolph cartoon. Hehe.

And also, I don't think I'd tell your sweet darling wife that either, out loud.

:-)

7:43 PM

 
Blogger Amanda said...

i confess, i am hopelessly behind in reading your posts. :(

so, when i am surfing blogs, i skip yours, cause i know i have so much catching up to do that i will never get it done.

so i am getting even more hopelessly behind!

but look what i am missing! so i am going to just take things one day at a time. mmmkay?

:) sorry about your tooth, man. i often dream about teeth problems. why is that???

oh, and i love syd's description. nice image.

7:49 AM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

What--$400? You couldn't haggle with the dentist to bring the price down?

Hope your mouth's feeling better soon.

9:07 PM

 
Blogger JLR said...

oh, ben, that's just not cool. I'm so sorry. Just for you, I am suppressing the urge to make fun of you.

2:00 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home