Monday, January 02, 2006

Miss me?

Hm. What do you know... I forgot to tell everyone that Sydney and I were going on vacation for a couple of weeks.

We were up at her folks and I didn't have an internet connection. Well, that isn't entirely true... I had access to a connection; however, the only people that know about this blog is Sydney and Myself as well as all of you folks. This is intentional as this gives me/us the ability to write things down and not worry about having family reading all of my/our thoughts. Kinda of "secretive"... I know... but that is how I want it. It's an on going journal of my life and I don't really want my family reading it. One of the things that allows me to write so candidly is the fact that nobody but Sydney knows that I have this blog. Somehow, I think that if my folks, inlaws, and brother and sister knew about my blog... then I wouldn't be so straight forward. I don't want my words or thoughts to be reticent or restrained. Somehow, I think I would become self-concious and not be able to put my thoughts to paper quite so easily. So... Anyway, that is why I didn't log on to MiM on my mother-in-law's computer.

BUT I am back. Miss me?

Vacation was good... I was a little bored. Normally, I go fishing up at Lake of the Woods for a few days; however, My father-in-law wasn't able to get away from his business... not that I can't go by myself... but it helps if his fish house is up there already. And it wasn't... so I was stuck. I did go snowmobiling a couple of times. Spent a lot of time with Sydney and the Kids... and while I didn't do a whole lot... I did get to play alot of playstation with Jake. And I got a lot of smooches from Micker Mackers and Bug Bug. Spent a little time with Benji... but honestly, Benji is at one of my least favorite stages. Don't get me wrong... I love the little guy... but I like the ages of 2 and older; when you begin to see their personalities.

I had to come back today because I have to work tomorrow... but Sydney and the kids needed to stay up there for a few more days because we were able to get an eye appointment for Bug Bug. She has a sloop eye...

*Side Story*

In college during my "extensive wrestling career", there was a guy on the team named Jasen Sloop. He had one eye that would look every which way and you could never tell where he was looking or who he was talking to... When we would play cards in the van on the way to a wresting match... if someone caught somebody else trying to look at their cards they would say..."SLOOP EYE... SLOOP EYE!" Funny thing was... Sloop was normally paying cards with us... we were blatant when we mocked... but he didn't get it. Needless to say, he was about as smart as he looked. Nice guy though.

ANYWAY... Bug Bug doesn't really have a sloop eye... but she is far sighted and needs glasses. So, tomorrow... we will get a perscription and then... both Mickers and Bug will have glasses.

It feels good to be back... Missed all of you!

Happy New Year!

12 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

FINAL--FREAKING--LY! We thought that your secret mission may have gone amuck! At least that was the consensus!
Glad you had a boring yet good time. Lake of the Woods. Haven't been there since teenage hood! LOVED LOVED LOVED it.

10:17 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Lake of the Woods, huh? That really is "up north." But I bet there weren't many mosquitos this time of year.

Glad you're back--happy New Year!

10:36 PM

 
Blogger Amstaff Mom said...

Welcome back Ben McMinn. You were missed.

Happy New Year!

8:29 AM

 
Blogger Stephanie said...

Glad to have you back Mr. Ben! I was starting to wonder about you!

Happy New Year! Glad you had a nice time with the fam!

10:55 AM

 
Blogger Katie said...

And for this total lack of planning ahead I revoke all your blog patrol priveledges. Don't you know you are supposed to alert people when you are gone. Now I have to go through all the trouble of calling off the Mounties and the dog sled teams I sent in search of you. GOSH, you just had to go and be difficult didn't you.

Oh, and welcome back. You were missed. Hope all is well in the new year for you, Syd, and the kids.

2:12 PM

 
Blogger Amanda said...

sheesh. i hope your kids never find out about your blog. "sloop eye" and "he is at one of my least favorite stages" are not exactly endearing compliments.

harharhar.

2:37 PM

 
Blogger Charlyn said...

Yay, you really are alive. I was beginning to wonder. And Syd too, haven't heard from her in ages!!

Aw..Bug Bug is far sighted. I too am very far sighted. I had to get glasses when I was 3. My first pair were a pair of those cat eye frames. And the lenses magnified my eyes big time!! I think they've come a long way since then. And now, you're not necessarily a nerd if you wear glasses.

Sounds like I fun time with the fam!

4:01 PM

 
Blogger steve said...

you were gone?

4:13 PM

 
Blogger chirky said...

yes! you were missed! i kept thinking to myself, "gosh. ben hasn't been around much." and then that would lead to, "gosh. did i do something to piss him off?" and then that would lead to, "where did the phrase, 'piss him off' come from, anyways?"

5:36 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow--just saw the article in the Strib about the three students. I'm thinking you knew them. I looked for your email address here, but didn't find it--just wanted to let you know I'm thinking of you.

8:26 PM

 
Blogger Eddo said...

I thought I was going to have to delete you off of my "Blogs I read" list. I mean, you were making me a Liar because there was nothing new to read!!

Nice to have you back. Happy New Year!

9:39 AM

 
Blogger Jenny said...

Happy New Year!

Nobody in my life knows about my blog except hubby darling for the same reason. I just feel like I would think twice about sharing my feelings.

And I love SLOOP EYE!!

7:13 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home